Methacrylate Adhesives Bond Similar and Dissimilar Materials
Adhesive Systems’ Durable Bonding Adhesive Products
Our methacrylate adhesives are engineered specifically for structural bonding of nearly all thermoplastics, metal substrates, and composite materials; as well as for bonding of similar and dissimilar materials. They provide exceptional bond strength and are extremely durable adhesives that adhere through surface oil and grease so less surface preparation is required.
The acrylic adhesives provide outstanding performance in a wide range of applications — in the transportation, industrial, construction and marine market sectors. These superior industrial adhesives allow for the production of stronger and lighter finished assemblies.
Methacrylate adhesives’ many attributes include the elimination of pre-drilling, thermo-cycling, providing high peel, and shear strength. They are chemical resistant and impact resistant products. Plus, they have a full range of work times and cure times; and we have a room temperature cure as well. Known for their resistance to temperature extremes, our high temperature adhesives can handle temperatures ranging from -40˚F to 350˚F.
Adhesive Systems’ two-part methacrylate adhesives require mixing (1:1 ratio) before application…our methacrylates cure quickly. Our methacrylate adhesives come in convenient cartridges with a mixing nozzle for easy storage, use, and disposal.
Aside from manufacturing and supplying adhesive solutions, we can also custom engineer adhesive products using your company’s engineering specifications or formulate an adhesive for your particular needs. Our adhesive product capabilities are so broad in scope due to their endurance and high quality that we have what every business is seeking in an adhesive product.
Structural Adhesive Bonding Adheres Metal-to-Metal
Adhesive Systems Structural Bonding Products
For all your high-performance applications, our structural adhesive bonding products are the best possible choice. These activator-curing structural adhesives brought about the technological revolution known as “cold bonding” to the magnet and motor assembly industries. Our robust structural adhesive products are used in automotive, construction, electrical, transportation, industrial and marine market applications throughout America.
Known for their exceptional bonding abilities, our metal adhesives are suitable for automotive applications such as choke and transformer bonding, DC motor assembly, alternators, and flywheel applications, tacking, unitizing, ruggedizing, sealing, shallow potting, rearview mirrors, fuel pumps and steel doors. Structural adhesive bonding also provides advantages for the sheet metal industry including reduced operator skill and less post-weld finishing. In addition, they have gained great acclaim for being a metal-to-metal adhesive that enables durable metals bonding and for applications using ceramics or composite materials
Some of the benefits of our structural adhesive bonding products are:
- Superior bonding capability of dissimilar materials (including metals) independent of their metallurgical properties.
- Provision of electrical and thermal insulation, and protection against galvanic corrosion of dissimilar metallic parts joined together.
- Ability of effectively reducing weight, preserving their load-carrying capacity, limiting stress concentration for long fatigue life and providing sealing action.
- Improved appearance given by adhesive bonding to finished structures without the need of introducing disturbing surface modifications.
Our revolutionary resin or super glue chemistry drastically shortens assembly times and saves space, labor, and regulatory compliance costs to make automation easier for manufacturers. The proven results are higher manufacturing efficiency, more extensive stress distribution, and cleaner product surfaces for manufacturers
- Superior bond strengths
- Dependable performance
- Excellent aging and weathering properties
- Good impact and vibration resistance
- Good resistance to high temps and humidity
- Versatile, bonds a wide range of similar
and dissimilar materials
- Cure at room temperature or can
be accelerated with heat
- Solvent free
- Good gap filling characteristics
- Wide range of products that provide cure
speeds, viscosities and performance properties,
to meet specific requirements
- Improves finished product quality
- Replaces mechanical fastening devices
- Lowers cost
- Tough, durable bonds
- Stronger, lighter finished assemblies